Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So many new toys!

Most people don't know or do, but I am a tech gadget junkie.
Talking with Alana today, I realized that I spent a lot of my
disposable income on these little electronic wonders.

Anyway, I think I've saited my appetite for a new toy with my "tricked
out" Treo 650.

But alas, looking at all these blogs, podcasts, industry news, it's a
wonder that I can even afford to eat at all!

Now I'm looking at a new LCD HDTV:
Here's what is holding me back at the moment

1. Yes HDTV's are coming down in price. However;
2. Factor in:
- subscribing to a HD content provider
- have to get an expensive receiver to watch the HD content
- Not all shows are recorded in HD
- unless I want to get a HD player, my current DVD's will look
horrible unless I get an upconverting DVD
- SD (Standard Definition ) content will look like poo.

Anyway, so that's why I am holding out on getting a HD TV at the
moment untill more of the market adopts it. Which is a Catch-22
because, if less people support a product, the longer it takes to be
widely adopted.

Hemmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment